WordPress is so much popular content management system because of its flexibility and features. WordPress has thousands of free themes and premium themes available in various shops and marketplaces. After downloading or purchasing, you need to install them. In this blog post, we are going to share you about how to install WordPress themes and activate them.
Installing and activating WordPress themes in the WordPress dashboard is very easy. You can follow any of the below-listed methods to install and activate it.
What is WordPress theme?
WordPress theme is a skeleton of WordPress website which gives the overall layout of the webpage. In addition to it, it helps to change the design and functionality of the website too. Furthermore, the theme takes the content and display it in an awesome manner and looks. Themes usually have a unique design, options to manage the contents, multiple devices friendly content display, font and color management options and elements like audio, video, text display in a good way.
So, the theme is the primary things for the layout of your website. Hence, choose the best theme as you need. If you have trouble choosing a theme, comment us below, we will guide you to find the perfect theme.
Various methods to Install WordPress themes
There are a various method to installs theme, they are,
- Install theme via WordPress dashboard
- Via File Transfer Protocol(FTP)
- Using Cpanel
Let’s elaborate all these above-listed methods in details.
Install theme via WordPress dashboard
Installing WordPress via dashboard is very easy. You can follow the below-listed steps,
- Login to your WordPress dashboard( Example:- www.yourwebsiteurl.com/wp-admin)
- From the admin panel, go to Appearance > Themes
- Click on Add New
- After that, you will sell the list of available themes on WordPress.Org. You can use the Search field to search for the theme. (For example, search CoverNews)
- Hover over the theme and click on Install
- After the Install, click on Activate to activate the theme.
From the above methods, you can only install the theme from WordPress.Org themes list. You can also install the theme after downloading it. As similar to the above method,
- Go to Appearance > Themes from admin panel.
- Next, click on Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file of the theme you want to install.
- Click on Activate after the installation.
Are you still in dilemma about installing the theme? Don’t hesitate us to comment us below. We will guide you with possible solutions.
Via File Transfer Protocol(FTP)
Another method of installing and activating WordPress theme is via FTP method.
- In the beginning, log in to your site via FTP( File Transfer Protocol )
- Go to public_html > wp-content > themes
- Upload the files of the theme(non ) or you can upload the zip file and extract it there.
- After uploading, go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Finally, click to Activate the theme Go to Appearance > Themes.
Installing WordPress via Cpanel
One best alternative method to install WordPress theme is via Cpanel. You can follow the below-listed steps to install themes.
- In the beginning, login to your Cpanel via the browser. ( If you are unaware about the Cpanel, you can request host provider for the login details). You will need a username and password for the login.
- Access the file manager section there.
- Next, go to public_html folder and wp-content.
- In wp-content, you will see the folder name themes.
- Finally, upload the ZIP file of the theme. You need to extract the ZIP theme file.
Installing a WordPress theme is very easy. You can choose any of the above-listed methods to install WordPress themes. Do you have any alternative ideas to install WordPress theme? Comment us below, so that we can include on this blog post.
Don’t hesitate to ask your queries. Our dedicated support team will help while purchasing the theme.