Google AdSense is a popular advertising program run and owned by Google. It is one of the best and convenient way to generate income from your website. Google AdSense can be easily added to your WordPress site without any relative experience or hard work. Today, we’ll walk you through the easy steps and best practices on how you can add Google AdSense to your a WordPress site.
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is a monetization network owned and operated by Google. This program provides a platform for website holder and bloggers to generate income by showing automatic text, image, video, or interactive media advertisements on their websites. These advertisements are administered and maintained by Google according to site content and audience.
Google AdSense is no doubt one of the best and easy method to make money online. Website owners just need to get a verified AdSense account and need to embed a code provided by AdSense into their website.
Google AdSense is the most reliable CPC ad program available today. Payments are completely hassled free and transparent, so you do not need to worry about getting paid from your website. Just create your account and place it in your site and you are already earning from it. Below listed are the steps involved in using AdSense with your WordPress site.
Steps to add Google AdSense Account.
Step1: – Creating a Google AdSense Account.
First of all, you need to create a Google Adsense account. As this is a program organized by Google you need to have a google account for using Google AdSense. You can even use your existing Gmail account or create a new one for this. The signup process is as simple as applying butter in bread and it only takes a few minutes. However, it can take up to 2-3 days or even less for your application to be reviewed and approved by Google. Make sure that you have provided genuine information while creating your AdSense account.
Step 2: – Creating AdSense Ad
Once your account is approved, you can start creating ads using the following steps:
- Open the Adsense dashboard and press the My Ads button present in the top menu bar.
- Click on the New ad unit button.
- Enter the required settings for your ad. These settings make your ad more suitable for your website design:
- Press Save and get the code. A new window with your Adsense code will appear. Select and copy this code, you’ll need it while adding AdSense in your WordPress site.
You can see the below image of making new ads. You can create three different types of advertisement.
Your AdSense code will look like this,
Step 3: – Adding AdSense
There are mainly two ways to add Google AdSense into your WordPress site.
- Using Plugins
Let’s check these both methods of generating money from your WordPress site.
Adding AdSense using Plugins:
It is one of the quick and hassle-free methods for adding ads into your site.
There are a variety of plugins available for adding AdSense. Google AdSense plugin by WP QUADS is one best plugin. This plugin is designed and maintained by WP QUADS themselves, therefore you can easily add ads into your site without having any geeky knowledge. This is one of the best solutions for you to make money easily by adding AdSense on your website.
Besides this, you can look for any popular plugin to maintain AdSense on your WordPress website.
Adding Adsense Manually :
If using the plugin is not your cake of choice then you have plan B. You can manually add AdSense into your site. And yes, this is also not that tough. The huge advantage of using this method is that you don’t have to be dependent on any plugin and should not worry about if they will sunset tomorrow.
Google AdSense is mostly shown in the sidebars and it can be added into your WordPress site by the use of widgets. All you need to do is create a new widget.
Below steps will guide you through creating a new widget and insert the AdSense code there:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance -> Widgets section shown there.
- To add a new widget, select Text and drag it to the place where you want to display the ads and drop it there.
- Press the Add Widget button.
- Give appropriate Title to your widget (can be left blank also) and paste the AdSense code in your Content field.
- Check everything and press Save.
It’s hard to believe but you have created published your Google ads in your WordPress site just now. Be aware!! Cash is on its way:).
Tips for using Google AdSense effectively.
Just by adding AdSense will not generate income for you, it may but not as you have might expect. In order to make it work more effectively for you, we have listed a few tips. Following this will help you get more clicks on your ads and at the end help you earn more.
- Size: It is extremely recommended to choose the right size of ads carefully. Size can attract your customer or even distract them. If you want to gain more clicks and money then maintaining the right size of your ad is important. Proper size makes your ad look better besides that more appropriate enough to attract more clicks. Some of the recommended sizes are 336×280, 728×90, and 160×600.
- Placement: In addition to size, position and placement of ad also play an important role in attracting your viewers. The position of the ad is another important factor for generating more revenue from your web page. Mostly ads are seen in the sidebars and top of web pages. Placing ads on the top and sidebar of your page with both images and text is the best place and is highly recommended.
- Category: Your website or blog will be focused on one category and your visitors will be visiting your website for that particular genre. Therefore, placing ads of the same category as your content will bring more clicks and more money. Make sure that you are using the right category feature of AdSense. Moreover, strictly avoid placing ads that don’t belong to the right categories as your content and yield better earnings.
Things you should not do
Monetizing your web content seems to be simple but if you don’t take care of some important point then your money making machine might get seize. However, if you take care and follow the guideline properly then it will always be fortunate for you. Therefore, below are some key points that you have to take care of while using Google AdSense.
- Don’t use AdSense with too many ads on your page as this will bounce off the visitors, and will surely reduce your earnings at the end. This will directly impact your earning.
- Don’t click on your AdSense ads by yourself. Some people ask their relatives, friends to visit their page and click on their ad thinking to get more clicks and income, but google algorithms are much smarter than you. Fraud clicks will be detected by Google and will surely get your account banned.
- It is always recommended to strictly read and understand Google AdSense policies. You will not only get a brief idea about the rules but also be aware of getting your account blocked.
- One should never place ads on empty pages.
- Avoid automated traffic.
- Avoid making multiple AdSense accounts with the same payee name.
Google AdSense is one of the reliable and assured platforms to convert your website into a money printer. It is very easy to integrate with your WordPress site. You will have two option to choose for deploying AdSense in your site. You can either use plugin for adding in your page or this can be done manually by creating widgets. Google AdSense accounts are easy to create and similarly, it gets blocked with the same ease. Hence, following the proper guideline and rules while using ads are highly recommended. Therefore, don’t forget about the mentioned tips and things you should not do before starting AdSense.
After this simple tutorial, you will be able to create and use Google AdSense easily without any doubt. It completely depends on your quality content and advertising category to attract more clicks resulting in more pay. You can Start a WordPress Blog today and start earning via AdSense.