Well, you all know that WordPress is the best platform to create your website. Its extraordinary service and easy access help the developer to develop a fantastic site with an elegant feature. Now, what about the comment system of your website? How to make it more managed and creative? So today we are going to discuss the Disqus Comment System which is an ultimate solution for your comment management. But by default, WordPress has two comment setting “On” and “Off,” and you are allowed to choose anyone.
Disqus pronounced as “discuss” is the best choice for your website as it will make your commenting system more advanced and unique. Disqus stores and mad manage comments on a third party server. It will give you lightweight access and offers configuration, which is beyond your thinking. Several popular websites are using this commenting system like CNN, The Next Web, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Atlantic, WPBeginner, and many others.
Before deleting with the installation and configuration process of Disqus, let me describe you some of its essential features. So you get familiar with Disqus and make sure your decision.
Why choose “Disqus” for your website?
- Readers of the website are connected through social media like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Yahoo, OpenID, and others
- With the move of the blog, moving of comments are also easier
- Give your website a professional
- Pre-built Spam protection plugin
- Responsive to all sizes and resolution of the screen
- Comments are stored into the database of WordPress
- User is allowed to upload images in the comment
- User can also vote in the comment
- Monetization Feature
How to install Disqus to your site?
There are eight steps to install and set up the Disqus plugin. Even beginners can do it very well. To fix this plugin, at first, you must sign up for the account on the Disqus website. It offers you three tires of plans among which one is of free. But in case of free, you might face some difficulties. So if your site is for commercial purpose, I suggest you choose a premium one.
Once you sign up to the account, you will offer two option; “I want to comment on site” and “I want to install Disqus on my site.” Choose your choice and move for further procedure. Now the next step is to create a site name with Disqus like “website.disqus.com.” This website will be used for your comment to sync to Disqus.
For adding sites to the Disqus, you have to fill up some profile details to the section appears. Here is the detail information:
- Site Name: enter the URL of your site
- Add your unique Disqus URL: enter short name of your website. Disqus will verify its availability and promote your chosen name
- Category: choose from several categories like Auto, Business, Culture, News, and Sports
- Click on the finish button
Now finally select your plan from the given option and follow the following given steps:
- Login to the WordPress dashboard
- Go to the plugin at the left side of the panel
- Click on the add new
- You will find a search box, search for the Disqus Comment System
- Click on the install now button
- Once you did with the installation process, click on “Activate Plugin” button
After you are done with these steps, you will see a “Disqus comment” instead of WordPress comment on your website.
How to configure Disqus to your WordPress website?
Once you install Disqus plugin for your website, follow these few easy steps to configure it.
- Login to the WordPress admin dashboard
- Click on the comment section
- Type your Disqus user name in the username textbox at installing Disqus comment page
- Type your password to the password box
- On next click, either select your Disqus forum or register a new one.
- Click next; you will get your Disqus installed for your blog
- To change the plugin setting go to the “Plugin Setting.”
As you know that there is a default comment system by WordPress, then why to choose Disqus plugin? Here are some differences between Disqus and WordPress Comment Management system. Let’s go through the difference once.
|It stores comment in your WordPress database||It saves comments in their external server away from the WordPress site|
|It is quite misleading; sometimes it comes with the cost of, well, spam comments||Its remarks are entirely free to use with no any insert sponsored content|
|It is available on the variety of popular CMS option||It is available on the WordPress website only.|
If you are using the default WordPress comment system and now want to use Disqus Comment system, then you have to export older WordPress Comments into Disqus. So follow these simple steps to export your site’s comments:
- Go to the WordPress admin area
- Go to Comment Disqus
- Select the plugin setting
- You will notice export and import option, select “Export Comment” option
- Finally, all your comments will be exported to the Disqus commenting system
Hence we cover almost all information about Disqus Commenting system. We hope it will be beneficial for you. Disqus plugin comes with the powerful commenting system, which will take your website one step forward. It will make your site more professional. I assure you will love its service and feature which will force you to this one for your WordPress website.
Even you are a layman, you can deal with this commenting system very quickly, as it comes with straightforward steps. If you are using the default WordPress Commenting System, then not to worry to can use Disqus without loss of any comment. You can export you all feedback with a few simple steps.
Go through this article, in case of any queries you can leave your comment in the comment section. You will return soon with your solutions. Keep visiting our website for a furthermore interesting and relevant article.