Private posts are the posts, that are created or can be seen only by limited or logged in users. These posts cannot be seen by the public. You need to have special permission to see it. Though it is a simple task to perform, many come with a query about how to create a private post in WordPress. You just need to follow some given simple steps.
WordPress has an inbuilt user role system which permits different user role. Different classes of users have their own responsibilities or tasks to do on the WordPress website.
We need to understand the roles of users related to the WordPress site to create a private post in WordPress. Private posts can be created or published by the users having permission to publish a post. These types of posts can be seen by following users having these roles.
- Administrator:- Able to create, edit, and delete any private post created by any user on the WordPress website.
- Editor:- Able to create, edit, and delete any private post created by any user.
- Author:- Able to create, edit and delete their own private posts. They cannot see private posts created by other users.
Steps to create a private post in WordPress
You can create a private post in WordPress by following these simple steps,
- Login to your WordPress admin dashboard
- Create a new post or page
- Go to publish section of the post edit screen, check visibility menu
- Click on Edit Option
- Check on the Private option and click on the Publish button, if don’t want to publish save it to drafts
- Congrats you created a private post
You may have used images on your private posts. The images can be seen by other authors and anyone, having the image URL in the media library. Making a private post is a cleaver and SEO friendly task. One of the advantages of creating a post is you can lock all irrelevant users out of that post.
I hope you got an idea to create a private post in WordPress. If you need to start a new WordPress post and seek assistance for that. We can help you with more such blogs like [Contact form in WordPress website] and many more. Please keep coming for similar queries. We will try to help you as soon as possible. Keep supporting us. Thank you.