Whenever you want to make your post fresh, you can change the post published date in WordPress post. Likewise, you can also change the date on the page. WordPress has the functionality to change the post published date and it is very easy to do that. In this blog post, we are going to share you about how to change the post published date in posts and pages.
Methods to change page and post published date
WordPress has two easy methods to change the post or page published date. They are,
- Quick Edit Method
- Using Publish Panel
Let’s elaborate these methods in details.
First Method: Quick Edit
This method is very simple and really the fastest method to change the post or page published date. Instead of using panel methods, various users love to use this method.
- Go to Posts section in admin panel
- Click on All Posts
- Hover over the blog of which you want to edit. You will see a Quick Edit button there.
- Click on it and check the available settings there.
- Selected the required date and click on Update.
- Now, your post published date is published successfully.
This is really awesome. Refresh the browser and see the changed post date.
Second Method: Via Publish Panel
If you are using the Classic Editor( not Gutenberg Editor ) you will see the publish panel on the top right corner of the dashboard. While writing a post, you can see the top right corner and check the available options there. Moreover, you can edit the page or post to see the publish panel section.
- At first, go to admin panel and then Posts
- Click on All Posts
- Edit the post of which you want to change the date.
- See the top right corner for the Publish panel.
- You will see the option to change the post or page published date there.
- Finally, click on the Publish button to save the changes.
For Gutenberg Editor
Well, if you are using the latest WordPress editor called Gutenberg, the layout is slightly different to change the post or page published date. Here are the steps for the Gutenberg editor.
- At the beginning to Posts > All Posts and Edit the post of which you want to change the date.
- On the right top section, see the Document section.
- Under Status and Visibility, you can see the Publish option with the date.
- Click on it and change the post date.
- In the end, click on the update button at the top to save the changes.
Hope, you will be able to change the post published date on your WordPress website. Because of this incredibly powerful features, WordPress is leading CMS and powering more than 33% of the web.
Do you have any queries regarding the post and page published date? Drop your comment below.